Salary: Real Living Wage. £9ph.
Contract: Permanent Part time (3-4 Positions available)
Hours: 16-25hrs - (ranging from 6am-9pm)
Holidays: 28-31 days
Benefits: Employee of the month and quality bonus
Start Date: TBC - Late March, Early April.
Our client is in the process of expanding its Cardiff operations and is joining forces with Berry to provide a team of cleaning and hospitality staff. We are looking for someone organised and friendly to ensure the day to day operations within the business is run smoothly.
The environment that people work in is crucial in supporting them achieve high performance. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about office space and wants to work with us to define what a great office life looks like.
You will be one of four Berry team members based at this new office and will have a unique opportunity to incorporate your great cleaning skills, eye for detail and bubbly personality & strong communication skills daily, to make sure that the office looks tip-top and all its staff are 100% happy and feel looked after.
Your primary responsibility is making sure the office looks great so that the environment is a great place to work. You'll be part of the Space team, who are primarily based in London, but day to day you’ll interact with and support the Customer Operations squads based in Cardiff so an outgoing personality would thrive in this busy environment. Whilst they’re delighting our external customers, you will be doing your best to delight the internal ones.
You'll be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, some of which include:
• Waking up the Office : If on the early shift, you’d be expected to arrive early to ensure the building is awake and ready to welcome all staff members by 9am. Tasks would include turning on lights, heating/AC, preparing grab-and-go breakfasts (cut fruit & place in bowls), getting the coffee machine up and brewing, collecting staff mugs, loading/unloading the dishwasher throughout the day, replenishing stock, checking fridge for out of date stuff & filling it with new milk orders, topping up biscuits & nuts, checking meeting rooms to ensure they’re ready for the next scheduled meeting, check toilet areas, emptying and taking bins & recycling out, hoover, mop, spot wiping of internal windows, general cleaning tasks, and you’ll also be expected to keep an eye out for any maintenance issues you see on your rounds and reporting back to Space Manager via the supplied tablet/i.pad.
• Technology: Whilst we provide training for our staff, if you’re comfortable in using App’s it will go a long way as you’ll be using the internal TRAIL App to monitor your progress and be given gentle reminders on what tasks need doing next and report any issues you might come across.
• Part of a community: With organised socials from karaoke to boardgames, yoga to painting nights, you’ll be someone who is looking to developing personally and socially and not someone who is just looking to go in/out, do their job, head down and go. With free lunches on set days and a very friendly office environment, you’ll soon feel a part of a strong and connected internal community, most certainly not just a cleaner or skivvy as we too often feel like as a cleaner in this day and age. If you want to feel valued & appreciated for good work ethic, this might well be the job you’ve been looking for.
• Ad hoc tasks: You will have a daily regime to use as a guide but the right candidate really needs to be able to think outside the box and be quick to adapt to the needs of the office on that particular day, multitasking should be something that comes very naturally to you.
You'll work with people across every squad, using your initiative to determine what will most benefit from your attention, and doing whatever you can to ensure the office looks its best and that the team are happy. Each day will be different, and you'll be a part and see the inner operations of a rapidly growing company.
You should apply if:
• you multitask effortlessly and are organised
• you prioritise important work, but never neglect the details
• you're independent, proactive, comfortable using technology, and great at communicating
• helping people makes you happy
• you're a resourceful, presentable and have a happy disposition and can-do attitude
• You'll dive into every challenge, however big or small with great enthusiasm and always aim to represent your employer in the best possible light.
Work will be on-site in Cardiff City Centre Mon-Fri with a weekly rota being supplied to best facilitate the client between the hours of 6am-9pm. Although only occasional Saturdays will be required, the right person will have flexibility and want to go the extra mile when needed.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION