If you have any questions or would like more information, our friendly team will be happy to help.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT STATEMENT
Berry Support Solutions Ltd (BSS) is committed to complying with all applicable environmental legislations as well as achieving environmental best practice throughout its business activities, wherever this is practicable. Furthermore, we seek continuous improvement of our environmental performance by setting objectives and targets within our Organisation to achieve our set goals.
BSS conduct internal environmental reviews to measure environmental performance and to ensure compliance with statutory legislation and other requirements applicable to our business.
We will set environmental objectives and targets with the support of professional advice, paying attention to:
- Reducing stationary, packaging and office consumables consumption, both virgin and recycled, for internal Company use;
- Recycling Internal Company stationary, packaging and office consumables where this is practicable;
- Training our staff in environmental awareness and environmental management systems;
- Increasing the use of alternatives to hazardous chemicals, materials and substances that are more readily biodegradable or have less impact on the environment;
- Managing waste streams effectively and reducing the amount of waste going to landfill;
- Using the best available techniques to reduce emissions to air or water and prevent uncontrolled accidental release.
BSS is a facilities services business, we will do our best to promote environmental awareness amongst our clients and where practicable, actively encourage them to adopt best environmental practice.
BSS shall seek to influence and encourage, through the selection and management processes, key suppliers and sub-contractors to adopt best practice and reduce their impact on the environment.
This policy will be implemented through the management structure of BSS, with direct responsibility remaining with senior management.
This policy statement will be reviewed on a regular basis and updated to reflect improved environmental awareness and changing legislation.
This statement of policy will be made freely available to all employees, clients and suppliers upon request.